Instantbird 1.3 Release Notes
Check out what's new and the known issues about the latest version of Instantbird. As always, you're encouraged to tell us what you think, by giving feedback or by filing a bug in Bugzilla.
- Major accessibility improvements.
- IRC improvements
- Long messages will be sent in multiple parts instead of being cut off.
- SASL authentication is now supported, this is required for certain IP ranges or when using Tor and connecting to Freenode.
- Twitter improvements
- Your own description is now shown (and editable) above the timeline.
- Replying to a tweet now replies to all users, just like on the Twitter website!
- The tab icon for Twitter timelines is now the Twitter bird to more explicitly differentiate a timeline from a chat window.
- The "Show Nick" add-on was integrated. This highlights when a user's nickname is mentioned in a chat to easily see conversations that are occurring. We hope you will enjoy this new feature, but if you don't you can disable it by setting the advanced preference "messenger.conversations.showNicks" to false in about:config.
- Two new social networks were added via XMPP: Odnoklassniki and VKontakte.
- Under the Hood
- Updated: Instantbird 1.3 is based Mozilla 16.0.2 which brings great new possibilities for add-on developers and uses libpurple 2.10.4. This is the last Instantbird release supporting Mac OS 10.5 and PPC as these will not be possible to support with Mozilla 17.
- The memory consumed by libpurple and its dependencies is now tracked in about:memory.
- And more... read the full ChangeLog for details of the 136 code changes since Instantbird 1.2.